We understand that family and legacy objectives are important to you. The planning that you do now will impact how successful your ideas and wishes are implemented. As part of our questionnaire process we inventory relevant client estate planning documents so we have a picture of how the current plan looks and if it needs to be updated. Many times clients need help getting started and are not sure if they even need an estate plan. We provide this guidance and can refer an estate planning attorney to help if applicable. By working with our clients and their estate attorneys, we research the range of applicable estate planning and potentially estate tax reduction strategies that are aligned with client priorities.
There are a number of strategies that attorneys can help draft and protect the multi-generational planning that our clients seek. Although we do not draft legal estate documents, we do explore client concerns which often bring more questions such as:
- Do I need a trust?
- Do we have the potential for an estate tax liability?
- What is my gifting or charitable giving strategy?
- Can our children handle money?
- How should we correctly title our beneficiary designations?
- Do we have the appropriate documents executed in place in case of incapacity or death?
- What happens if I inherit an IRA?